Monday, September 19, 2011

Umbrella light fixture is complete!

 I bought the least expensive double bulb light fixture that I could find at Home Depot which was around $10. Since the junction box was already there in my bedroom all I had to do was get the light installed and figure out how I was going to attached the umbrella shade. My dad being ever so dad like came over and installed the light fixture for me mostly because he was scared I would electrocute myself if left to my own devices. Once we had the light in my dad came up with the incredibly smart idea of using the threaded metal piece that came with the light (which was supposed to hold up the light cover that I wasn't using). So we, and by we I mean my dad, sawed off the handle of the umbrella then epoxied the metal piece to the handle and this allowed us to screw the umbrella right into the light fixture.


Cutting off the handle.

Epoxying the threaded metal piece to the handle.
 And voila I now have a beautiful vintage umbrella light cover!


And we're done!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever had any problems with the fabric of the umbrella getting to hot for the lights or scorched or anything like that? This is just what I want to do in my bedroom also!

    ReplyDelete