Monday, October 3, 2011

Door Handle Tie Back

The basic idea.
Recently I ran across the idea to use a vintage door handle as curtain ties backs on http://pinterest.com/. I have had curtains in my living room for oh about three years and for that entire time should I want a bit more light I pin the curtains behind the nearest chair. So while the shoving the curtains behind the chair method might work I think it's time for something slightly more official. My plan is to go to the RE Store in Ballard to find a great old door handle, get a couple screws and done. Should be pretty easy. If you have not yet discovered the RE Store it is amazing! http://www.re-store.org/index.php They have great old and vintage items for your home. Sinks, lights, doors, windows and a variety of stuff that just comes and goes. Most stuff isn't in perfect shape so you might have to paint or shine purchases up but I think it's worth it. A few years ago I scored an awesome old door with an inlaid mirror. It is still one of my favorite items in my condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment